Anyway, Paul came into town to celebrate the drinking of free beverages with us. As tradition dictates, we started at 7:11 in the evening and went to 11 different 7-11 locations. So by the end of the evening we each drank 78.21 ounces of slurpee, which is more than a half gallon for those of you scoring at home. My metric conversion chart tells me it's 6.11 gallons. That's a lot of slurpee.
Anyway, here are some pictures of the journey.
Megan was our chaufferess for the evening.
This is Paul looking completely normal in the back seat.
Megan and Paul in a 7-11 somewhere in the greater Mesa area. This is only a couple Slurpees into the evening. You can tell because they aren't doubled over in pain from a combo bellyache brain freeze yet.
Megan and I at the same undisclosed 7-11 location.
This is Paul and I halfway through the evening. As you can see, we're slightly less excited about the whole ordeal than we were earlier on. The great thing about 7-11 is that you keep going long after the thrill of free beverages has worn off and has been replaced with sickness and pain. John Cougar "This is Our country" Mellencamp should write a song about it.
This is a solo shot of what I look like when I'm a little bit sick and wearing a hat.
The rediculous thing about this picture is that I am freezing my tongue because I was trying to get a tongueful of slurpee in the shot. As you can see, my tongue isn't even showing so millions of tastebuds died needlessly. It seems like I could draw some sort of parallel with this, but I won't bother to.
This is a picture of Megan after taking a slurp of the nastiest flavor of her evening. It was some sort of black energy drink that tasted like frozen mud would taste like if the mud was made from tire fire ashes.
This is what the energy mud flavor will do to your tongue.
For some reason Paul and I chose to drink the nastiest flavor as our 11th and final slurpee of the evening. It was a slurpee made from my least favorite flavor of mountain dew, but the machine was broken or something and the flavor was some sort of disgusting mix of orange and that watery stuff that leaks out of the bottom of non-name-brand garbage bags. I don't know why guys try to up the degree of difficulty at every opportunity, but we do. The slurpee was the worst of the evening, but we made it.
Behold the spoils of war. Megan built this pyramid from all the cups we used over the evening. It represents the unconquerable human spirit and the desire and willpower to go on even when the slurpees are disgusting and when there's only one cup left and the cashier lady chews you out for re-using a single cup for three people. So yeah, we had a good time.
4 comments:
yea! an update! AND pictures! you guys are so fun. :) so what WAS the nastiest flavor?
It depends on who you ask what the nastiest flavor was. Megan would say it was that Monster Energry drink that I think was called, "Black Ice" or something. Paul and I would say it was the nasty Mountain Dew live wire kind that came out of the machine that must've been broken. They were both pretty bad.
No Squishys(TM) then? Anyhow, we do have 7-11 here, though I don't know that they have similar promotions in South Korea. There are even 7-11s in the Seoul Subway.
Now I know you really wanted to know this, but 7-11 is a Japanese owned firm. They were bought out in 2005 by Seven & I Holdings, Co., Ltd. and that is what their stores are known as in Japan. Actually, I really like the Japanese 7-11s, as they are great places to pick up some fresh sushi and instant ramen.
Love it...that's all I gotta say. :D
Post a Comment