We're both updating the blog at the same time this week, so there will probably be a little overlap. So, if you want the less exciting but shortish summary of the weekend, you can read my version, and if you want the more hilarious and and in depth version of the weekend, James is your man.
Notes on James B-day:
So the B-day was pretty fun. I got James a Gamecube for his B-day which turned out to be a little more difficult than I had expected. Bookmans has had about five gamecubes on hand for the past four months or so at any given time. Well, we had finally racked up enough bookmans trade credits to get the system, some games, and maybe even an extra controller. When I went to pick up a system on the Saturday before his B-day they were completely out. I was bummed that we wouldn't be about to use our store credits, but I wasn't too scared because I knew I could find a gamecube on trusted ol' Creg's List. I found one for an even better deal that the one at Bookmans with two wireless controllers and about six games for about the same price as just the system at Bookmans. I was going to pick the system up after work on Tuesday, but when I contacted the seller for final directions, they informed me that they had decited to keep the system.
So, there it was the day before James's Birthday and I was gamecube less. By a miracle I found another system I could buy at about 7:30 and I snuck out of the house before James got home so I could buy it. I then got up at about 3:00 so I could wrap the presents and go back to bed.
It was pretty fun being in charge of a birthday. I got to buy some presents and take my man for a night out on the town. I was pretty excited about the concept of finding all the free stuff in the valley you can get on your B-day. One because we're not made of money and two because free stuff is awesome. I found this website that lists a bunch of places that give our free stuff on your B-Day. On the the top of the list was Joe's BBQ which gives you a free meal on your B-day and Krispy Kremes who gives you a free dozen glazed doughnuts. We also took advantage of a free movie rental at Hollywood video.
Here's a list of some other free stuff on your B-Day that I found:
* All-American Café - Free Dessert
* Applebees - Free Dessert
* Benihana's Japanese Restaurant - Free Dinner With 3 Other Paying Guests
* Bennigans - Free Dessert + Song
* Burger King - Free Kids Meal To All Kids Club Members
* California Pizza Kitchen - Free Kids Meal During The Month Of Their Birthday (Register First)
* Chili's - Free Song Denny's - Free Meal (Kids Under 10)
* Einstein's - Free Meal
* El Chicos - Free Dessert
* Famous Dave's Barbeque - Free Meal (Advance Signup)
* Fuddruckers - Free Burger
* Golden Corral - Free Meal To Birthday Club Members (Not Just Kids!)
* Hard Rock Café - Free Dessert
* Hooters - Free Song and T-shirt
* Ihop- Free Meal
* Joe's Crab Shack - Free Cake
* Macaroni Grill - Free Dessert and "Happy Birthday" Song
* Maggianos - $10 Off Purchase Of $20 (Sign Up In Advance)
* Olive Garden - Cake (Some Say Free, Most Say $$)
* Outback - Free Dessert + Song
* Pappa's Restaurants (Pappadeaux, Pappasito's, Etc) - Free Dessert
* PF Changs - Free Cake Or Cheesecake
* Red Lobster - Free Slice Of Cake + Song
* Red Robin - Free Burger (have to register)
* Steak And Ale - Free Mini Choco Cake
* Steak-N-Shake - Free Dinner For "Birthday Club" Kids
* Taco Bell - Free Combo Meal Of Your Choice
* TGI Fridays - Free Birthday Dessert
* Todai Seafood Buffet - Free Meal
Weekend Update:
So James and I had another weekend of firsts. We flew on a plane for the first time as a couple and James had his first domestic flight ever. I also missed a plane for the first time in my life. I've had a couple of close calls in the past, but this time we actually missed it. It wouldn't be so sad if missing the plane didn't mean we missed Jen's wedding too. Our plane landed at the same time that the sealing started. I was really disappointed because it would be the first temple marriage I had been to besides my own. But we still made it to the luncheon, the ring ceremony and the reception, so I guess that's pretty good.
It was really great to see Jen. She looked so great and her and Justin are so cute. Their relationship seams to be pretty similar to James and I except they wrestle more. Which makes since since they are both the same size and pretty evenly matched. James would kill me every time.
On Saturday, we went to six flags. Partially because it was the fist thing we found when driving into downtown Denver, and after getting turned around in the city and not being able to find a place to park for relatively cheap, Six Flags seamed like the best option. I was a little worried because we didn't have any sun block and I could justify paying $10 for it in the gift shop.
We had a great time and it was fantastic to have my very own ride buddy the whole time. The only downer to our visit was my attempt to get some Nachos. I chose Nachos because it was the only thing that I could justify for the price. The line was about 15 people long and took me 45 minutes to get through. Buy the end of the line, I was tired, frustrated and ridiculously hungry. I was getting pretty close to yelling at the poor kid at the counter, but I could tell he hated his job and he was feeling super stressed, so I let him go. By the time I got through the line, James was hungry again after eating his corn dog 45 minutes earlier and went to get another one.
We were able stay at Jen's house since they were on their Honeymoon which was great. The only complaint I had was that in places where it's cooler like Colorado and Utah, they don't seam to have a firm grasp on the blessings of AC. It was 81 degrees in the bedroom we were in and we didn't have a fan. I got up and moved to the living room in the middle of the night because I couldn't stand the heat. I just think its funny that Colorado is too hot for me when Phoenix is just fine.
Here are some pictures of the weekend:
Here is James showing off his new Nuggets hat in down town Longmont. Man did we ever have a killer time or what!
James and the Nuggets hat at King Sooper - Denver's most popular grocery store and the name of an imaginary snake you can ask James about later.
Here is the Cathedral we stopped to see. I have to include this image because it's my only solo shot. Apparently I was the one taking the pictures, so there are more pics of just James than me.
Isn't it lovely
Here's James at the Waffle House. I love this picture. James looks so chill.
Here's a not super great one of us at Jen's wedding.
Here's a fuzzy one of Jen and Justin. Sorry, the light was bad.
And for sweet momories, here's a picture of James and I before we were dating but after we knew we would probably get married.
Oh, and for all of you who would like to know (which I'm sure is all of you), I just got called to be a young womens advisor. I'm super excited. They aren't quite sure where they are going to put me yet, but I think it's going to be a blast.
James was right on the money when he guessed the calling. Before we went in to get him set apart, he leaned over and whispered in my ear: "I hope they give you a calling too, and I hope it's in Young Women's." What a smart guy.
Well, that's all I've got for now, but I think this weekend has been very well covered.
-Megan Badger
4 comments:
Congrats on the calling! That'll be so much fun! We'll have to swap ideas and such :)
i'm with alyssa--that's gonna be so fun! they'll love you to bits too.
so, nathan actually sent me a king soopers card while he was on his mission. i've still got it in case i ever need it or happen to find an invisible snake on the side of the road. :)
So, you went to Denver? It's a great city and one which I dearly love. I found it a nice escape from Salt Lake City when I lived there. (Salt Lake City is nice and all, but it is weird. It is nice to experience a whole other kind of weirdness. Pretty much every city is weird in its own way.)
The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception which you are standing in front of, is the most important Catholic Church in the whole Denver area. It is the church of the Archbishop of Denver, Archbishop Charles Chaput, OFMCap, the second-ever bishop of Native American ancestry and first-ever Archbishop of native-American ancestry. Though it is a stunning and beautiful church, my favourite still remains Holy Ghost Catholic Church at 19th and California (also downtown).
What did you think of the State Capitol? It is a beautiful building, in a French Second Empire sort of way, back in the days when American architects thought that if anything was going to be successful in public architecture, it had to French.
By the way, my blog has changed. I no longer post on LiveJournal, having grown up and moved on. My new blog is rbbadger.wordpress.com. You're welcome to drop by and vist!
Ahhh, yeah, the invisible snake. I served my mission in Denver and was quite thrilled to see that King Soopers was still there. Oddly enough, I now work for the same company (Kroger). What a small world.
Post a Comment