Sunday, June 14, 2009

Down From Four

Hey everybody. I've only got a couple spare minutes and then I need to head out to a stake priesthood meeting, but I wanted to drop a quick post because it's about time.

Megan and I took a bit of a quick trip to Pima this weekend. Megan wanted to go to Christine's baby shower, but didn't want to make the trip if I wasn't coming. So we worked it out for us to go spend the night at Kimberly's and then Megan, Kimberly, Kelly, and Carrie could go to the baby shower together and Emmett, Paul, and I could light stuff on fire and whatnot.

Anyway, we had a nice time at Kimberly's. They are the proud first recipients of the first batch of Badger Family Classics. As some of you may know, I'm working on making DVD's of movies we love that have never been released on DVD. Things like Pure Luck and One of Our Dinosaurs is missing. Anyway, since Kimberly and Emmett don't run on DVD's too much anyway, I ripped my copies of the DVD's to their Apple TV.

It's getting to the point where Megan and I have a little bit of a harder time leaving home because Gamera is getting almost too big to fit in his old terrarium. Actually, he's way to big to live in his old one, but we can let him spend the night in it. When Megan and I take some time off over the 4th of July (We're going back to St. Johns, so if anyone else thinks that might be a good time to go home, we'll be there. So if that isn't a reason to go, I don't know what is) we'll have to pay one of the neighbor kids to come feed him. There's no way we're going to take him with us because his new terrarium (that Megan and I built with our own bare hands) is too big to move around.

I got released from some callings today. I got a default release from my Elder's Quorum teaching gig because they got someone else to do it. I was also released from teaching Sunday School for the 14-15 year olds. It was funny because I had only taught them for a few weeks but they were really upset when I told them I wouldn't be teaching them anymore. They told me they had scared off a couple teachers before and they didn't want me to go. They can be a rowdy bunch, but I liked teaching them. It's funny because I can really feel myself settling into my Elder's Quorum calling. I would much rather teach, but I find myself concerned with home teaching and other such stuff, so I guess I'll stick with this calling for a while. They still haven't released me from being a clerk, but I guess that'll come with time. The ward clerk has been gone the last couple weeks, so I've actually gotten some clerk stuff done despite him telling me, "Don't even worry about clerk stuff. You have too much going on as it is."

Well, that's all my time for today. Megan and I are doing well. We'll miss you all at the reunion, but it just doesn't look like it's going to happen. We'll get 'em next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi James!
Thanks for updating your blog! It's always good to know what's going on with you! I was happy to see Megan (& all) at Christine's shower, but it was hard to get in a good visit. I am still so amazed at her creativity! We'll miss you guys at the Reunion! Glad you are planning to come up for the 4th! Robert is supposed to get his flight itinery this week so we'll know exactly when he will be here, how long he will stay, etc. Fun summer! Take care! Keep posting! Love, Mama

The Carpenter Family said...

Glad things are going well. Miss you guys, would like to see you sometime. Tell Megs "Hi" for me!