I'm posting from my Ubuntu box (my old desktop). I don't know if you knew, but Megan and I have had some funny business going on with our computers in days past. My desktop was getting really finicky and hers was just plain quitting on her. To solve my computer woes I got to buy a new computer. I didn't buy a top of the line machine. My old machine is 6 years old, which makes it a dinosaur in computer years, so it didn't take much to buy a better machine. I got a decent computer and slapped some spare parts in it and made it better than it was off the assembly line. As for Megan's computer, we bought her a new 1Tb (That's terabyte, not tablespoon) drive and it came right back to life. My new machine also has a terabyte hard drive.
Anyway, since I got a new machine, I have my old one just sitting around. Since I am the self-titled King of Used Electronics, I figured it just wouldn't be right to leave my old trusty rusty machine to collect dust. So I backed some of the more important files up and turned this machine into a Linux Box. I'm running the latest and greatest installment of Ubuntu. I am really loving it. I guess I'm slowly but surely turning into open source Greg.
Well, this post has taken a turn for the nerdy. I was just super excited to be posting in Ubuntu. It's a first.
So Megan has girl's camp coming up and she'll miss a day of work. Then she will be taking 10 days to do some freelance for Skyline, which is the last company she worked for. It's going to be an interesting month. I won't see her as often as I usually do. It's funny because I've gotten used to seeing Megan all day every day. We work together and we come home together. There aren't very many times when we're apart. The couple times I had to spend at work when she was sick a couple months ago were hard. I guess I'm spoiled to have her around as often as I do. I do, however, think it's funny how many people ask us if there's any tension with us working together. It's the classic sitcom plot: the husband and wife work together and the wife shows up or embarrasses the husband and the they find they don't work together as well as they thought. That hasn't been the case with us at all. We've been basically the exact opposite.
I'm going to really start pounding the pavement for a better job soon. As most of you know, I'm no fan of job searches. It's part of the reason I'll stay at a less-than-ideal job for way longer than I really should. But Megan and I need to be moving onward and upward and I really need to pick up the slack and go win some bread for us.
I guess we should post some pictures sometime soon and show what we did with the living room. I don't think most of you have seen our amazing paint job. Also, I need to show you the new terrarium we built for Gamera. He was getting too big for his old one. He's really growing. We hope he'll be comfy in his current home for at least another 6 months or so.
Well, this post has been all nerdy, disjointed, and fairly pointless. I'm a little rusty. Give me a little time and I'll try to start posting a little better and a little more often.
1 comment:
Well-Happy Anniversary! :-) and I can't wait to see pics of the new paint job.
Post a Comment